In everyday applications, one essential task is maintaining air quality. One of the key components that helps accomplish this task is a ventilation hose. Ventilation hoses come in various types and materials, which can make it challenging to select the right one for your needs. Here, we'll go over many types and materials of ventilation hoses offered by Flexaust as well as their various applications.
Ventilation Hoses 101
Applications of all types rely on ventilation hoses to help keep the air consistently clear of smoke, chemicals, and other potential contaminants. Some common applications that use these hoses include:
- Healthcare facilities
- Indoor tents
- Factory floors
- Confined space applications
- Restoration and construction
- Industrial painting and abrasive blasting
To ensure that these ventilation hoses succeed in maintaining air quality, they require both temperature and chemical resistance, as these aspects can protect the hoses from potential damage. Hoses must be durable and capable of resisting outside elements when ventilating high volumes of smoke, chemicals, and air. Additionally, hoses require reliable attachments to meet the needs of different applications.
Hoses with combined flexibility, durability, and resistance to heat and chemicals can provide sufficient solutions for a majority of facilities. The right hose will make for a safer environment for visitors and employees while maintaining efficiency.
Ventilation Hose Types, Materials, and Common Applications
At Flexaust, we manufacture our ventilation hoses using carefully selected top-quality materials that remain consistently reliable in most environmental and operational conditions. Our hoses are made from a wide range of high-grade materials including:
- Coated fabric
- Thermoplastic Rubber
Ventilation Hoses from Flexaust
Our selection of high-quality ventilation hoses includes:
- Arctic Duct 3. A yellow PVC vinyl-coated polyester fabric hose for use in mobile and permanent air conditioning applications.
- Bendway Plus. A 316Ti stainless steel hose for air and fume exhaust applications working with extremely high temperatures.
- CW-162. A black neoprene-coated polyester fabric hose intended for confined space ventilation in areas with wide temperature ranges.
- CWS. A black neoprene-coated polyester fabric hose designed for confined space ventilation applications with a wide range of temperatures. This hose is also listed as UL 94V-0 flame retardant.
- DFD-T. A lightweight black propylene-ethylene elastomer hose used for bus and cab ventilation. It also functions as a duct for heaters and limo A/C systems.
- Flex-Lok PVG. A silver PVC-coated fiberglass fabric hose used in HVAC ventilation applications.
- Flex-Tube EF (Eco-Friendly). A medium-weight clear co-extruded polyolefin elastomer hose that's ideal for chemical fume extraction, dust collection, and general ventilation.
- Flex-Tube PE. A lightweight UV stabilized black polyethylene copolymer hose frequently used for lightweight vacuum applications.
- FSP-1. A black PVC vinyl-coated polyester fabric hose suitable for cab ventilation and welding extraction ventilation.
- FSP-5. A yellow PVC vinyl-coated polyester fabric hose for use in A/C and confined space ventilation.
- FX-180. A high-strength sewn yellow PVC vinyl-coated polyester fabric hose used in applications such as cooling ventilation for temporary tents, confined space ventilation, event tent ventilation, and tent heating ventilation.
- FX-180SF. Similar to the FX-180 hose but with white vinyl and specially designed construction that offers superior airflow compared to traditional sewn hoses.
- FX-400. A high-strength sewn polyurethane-coated black polyester fabric hose ideal for temporary tent cooling ventilation, event tent ventilation, confined space ventilation, and tent heating ventilation.
- FX-550. A high-strength sewn silver heavy-duty silicone-coated fiberglass hose that's ideal as a heater duct for oil and gas and cold weather construction sites.
- GN. A black neoprene-coated fiberglass fabric hose that's used as a heater/defroster duct or an A/C ventilation hose.
- GPE. A lightweight black polyethylene hose used in A/C and bus/cab ventilation applications.
- LT. A lightweight black thermoplastic rubber hose used for bus and car helmet ventilation.
- SD-W. A yellow neoprene-coated polyester fabric hose suitable for confined space ventilation, dehumidification, and event tent ventilation.
- XLT. An extremely lightweight black thermoplastic rubber hose used as a heater/defroster duct and for A/C and general ventilation.
Contact the Experts at Flexaust for Quality Flexible Ventilation Hoses
Depending on the needs of your application, there is a compatible ventilation hose available to meet your needs. For more than 80 years, Flexaust has produced durable, flexible, and long-lasting hoses and ducts for a variety of commercial and industrial applications.
To learn more about our products or for help choosing the best ventilation hose for your needs, contact us or request a quote today. You can also learn more by checking out our eBook, "The Rising Importance of Proper Ventilation."